Available in iOS and Android operating systems for a number of devices, the Health Scholars app is the first standardized, interactive nurse education of its kind. The self-paced learning accommodates the full spectrum of nurses and other healthcare professionals from novice to expert. The immersive, collaborative courses feature quizzes and post-tests to gauge comprehension and competency, contributing to the development of clinical expertise. The platform contains unique user recognition to record and report user data. The results are stored in a secure database and feed to a customizable dashboard that provides decision makers key performance indicators from individual users. Courses will be released continually and cover a wide range of topics. Featured topics in the first six Health Scholars courses:
- Infection Prevention provides education on infection control, standard precautions, high touch points, cleaning practices, and more.
- Facility Precautions covers facility instituted precautions for many areas including contact, airborne, transmission and more.
- Hospital Acquired Infections covers infections such as central-line blood stream, catheter-associated urinary tract, pneumonia and more.
- Medication Safety provides education on the pharmacy and nursing team relationships, medication administration, drug diversion, pharmaceutical waste and blood transfusions.
- Anticoagulation covers education on blood thinners, considered a high risk medication.
- Blood Transfusion covers transfusion education such as equipment, patient monitoring, safety precautions, how to respond to an adverse reaction and more.“This is training that can happen on a tablet, right next to a patient care environment, and in the presence of a preceptor. We can document that people are achieving competency in the clinical space at the bedside.” Dr. John Vozenilek, MD, FACEP, Chief Medical Officer, Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center.