JOB TITLE: Industrial Engineer
SIMnext, LLC, a design engineering and product development firm active in the healthcare industry has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer to work at its Peoria, Illinois facility. The Industrial Engineer will serve on a multidisciplinary team that will identify areas to improve organization and processes within certain OSF Healthcare System operations. Once identified, the engineer will work closely with the OSF Performance Improvement Team to plan and implement solutions. The successful candidate will be able to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, lower costs, and improve patient safety within the healthcare system.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts assessments to improve efficiency and reduce material and resource costs, while aligning processes with budgetary and business requirements.
- Develops process maps and documents workflows to uncover opportunities to incorporate more innovative methodologies.
- Develops new process designs that will ensure more efficient production and more effective dissemination.
- Develops and executes simulations prior to new process implementation to optimize results.
- Identifies and monitors performance metrics, risks, and controls.
- Understands and is conscious of the ergonomics practice when designing leaner processes.
- Commitment to quality, timeliness, innovation, and continuous process improvement.
- Motivation and excitement to continually grow personally and professionally in a collaborative and innovation environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned for SIMnext and its client base.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in industrial and systems engineering, or related engineering discipline is required. Master’s degree preferred, however additional experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience in process and operations improvement. Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred, but experience in an environment with similar complexity is acceptable.
- Experience with business and performance improvement planning.
- Experience working collaboratively with a project team as demonstrated through improvement in outcome measures.
- Experience managing interdisciplinary projects.
- Experience with operational systems and their interrelationships.
- Experience with six sigma and quality systems.
C. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of engineers and healthcare providers in a continuously changing environment.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of quantitative methods.
- Proficiency with ANSYS or other simulation software.
- Expertise to map processes, perform root cause analysis, and define new SOPs.
- Thorough understanding of statistical analysis.
- Ability to create SMART goals in conjunction with current work efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Ability to create and maintain appropriate documentation and service level agreements.
- Familiar with tools such as MS Office and MS Project.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org