JOB TITLE: Systems Analyst
SIMnext, LLC, a design engineering and product development firm active in the healthcare industry has an immediate opening for a Systems Analyst to work at its Peoria, Illinois facility. The Systems Analyst will serve on a multidisciplinary team and work closely with the Software Programs Manager to analyze, design, and implement mobile application based training solutions for healthcare clients. The Systems Analyst will act as the liaison between the clients, end users, software vendors, and programmers in the development of SIMnext’s HealthScholars product, ensuring the product is designed to meet the end user requirements. The successful candidate will have a background in mobile application development and the software development life cycle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes new product opportunities and proposals to create the business case, requirements documents, development costs, and high-level design
- Interfaces with customers to capture user requirements and solve integration challenges
- Manages development activities of and relationships with software development vendors
- Coordinates project delivery through participation in design reviews and walk-throughs to validate proposed designs
- Aids in system development by providing use cases, system flow, healthcare industry standard information, or even database design
- Ensures continuity and agreement across product requirements, design, and testing
- Provides technical advising to the business and management teams
- Orchestrates customer and user acceptance testing to validate product design
- Ensures successful product deployment and oversees technical customer support
- Identifies opportunities to improve the application development process
- Interacts with designers to understand software limitations or opportunities
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes business demands
- Travel required up to 25%.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related technical/engineering discipline is required. Master’s degree preferred, however additional experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience in systems analysis and/or software development including three of the following areas: applications development, software architecture, project management, vendor management, quality assurance, infrastructure, and maintenance/support. Exposure to software projects in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Experience working with software development vendors
- Experience with new product development and product requirements definition, preferably in mobile application development
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle process
- Experience interfacing and fostering relationships between business and technical teams
- Experience in object-oriented programming, database design, mobile development, and web-based applications
D. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of software engineers, business professionals, and healthcare providers in a continuously changing environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing customer needs
- Ability to create and maintain detailed requirements and product documentation
- Ability to create and maintain testing and validation documentation
- Ability to analyze business proposals and SOWs, and monitor vendor performance against SOWs
- Familiar with tools such as MS Office, MS Project, and JIRA
- Familiar with git and/or subversion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the Unity engine and SQL databases is preferred
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.